Increasingly the role of the SBM is becoming more strategic and is critical to the financial and strategic success of the school. With the emergence of MATs and groups of schools now working more closely together, the skill set and knowledge base of SBMs requires ongoing professional development. The DSBM programme is well placed to support schools and SBMs to lead schools effectively for the future.
The Level 5 Diploma aims to support the professional learning of experienced School Business Managers (SBMs), or individuals with significant business leadership experience who are developing into this role, to enhance their contribution to the strategic direction of their School or Multi Academy Trust (MATs). It is aimed at experienced SBMs who are members of, or work closely with, the school’s senior leadership team (SLT).
- High quality leadership development at masters level.
- A nationally recognised professional qualification.
- Full day induction at the National College Conference Centre, Nottingham.
- Professional learning & networking opportunities with SBMs from across the region.
- Delivered by current School Business Managers from across the East Midlands.
- Additional workshops to support development in key development areas.
Why complete your DSBM with Inspiring Leaders?
Unique to Inspiring Leaders is the opportunity to:
- Work alongside highly experienced leaders and facilitators from all three phases of education enabling participants to learn from current practise at the highest standard of professionalism and leadership.
- Access the programme in a location near to you with a full day induction at the National College Conference Centre.
- Access a range of additional half day workshops including "Support with Running Academy Finance", "Working for a Group of Schools" & "Converting to Become an Academy".
- Access our high quality coaching schools throughout the programme and develop an understanding of coaching and its associated skills so these might then be used in the participant’s own school.
The normal duration of the programme is 12-18 months. DSBM consists of 4 phases broken into units. Each phase will be approximately 12 weeks long and consist of a blended learning approach including online, WebEx and two face to face days. Participants are required to submit written tasks at the end of phases 2-4 which need to be passed in order to progress.
The phases covered are:
Phase 1: Induction & Personal Effectiveness
Phase 2: Leading and Managing Self & Others
- Unit 2a: Leading & management teams
- Unit 2b: Stakeholder engagement
Phase 3: Leading & Managing the Business of Schools
- Unit 3a: Thinking about strategy in schools
- Unit 3b: Analysing the strategic direction of the school
- Unit 3c: Planning strategic initative in schools
Phase 4: Leading & Managing School Improvement
- Unit 4a: Understand school improvement
- Unit 4b: Leading and managing change
- Unit 4c: Improving efficiency
Phases and face to face days will be facilitated by experienced current school business managers and directors. They will act as learning facilitators and will help learners manage their own learning and achieve their learning outcomes.
The total cost of the programme is £1300.
This cost includes registration to the ILM (£168 per delegate).